Acceptable Use Policy
InterStar's Acceptable Use Policy has been formulated with the following goals in mind:
- Ensure security, reliability and privacy of InterStar's systems and network, and the networks and systems of others.
- Avoid situations that may cause InterStar to incur civil liability.
- Maintain the image and reputation of InterStar as a responsible provider.
- Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression.
- Encourage the responsible use of net resources, discouraging practices which degrade the usability of network resources and thus the value of Internet services.
- Preserve the privacy and security of individual users.
The Acceptable Use Policy below defines the actions which InterStar considers to be abusive, and thus, strictly prohibited. The examples named in this list are non-exclusive, and are provided solely for guidance to InterStar's customers. If you are unsure whether any contemplated use or action is permitted, please send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
Customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless InterStar Communications, Inc. from any claims resulting from use of the service which damages customer or another party.
Please note that the actions listed in the policy are also not permitted from other Internet Service Providers on behalf of, or to advertise, any service hosted by InterStar, or connected via the InterStar network. Furthermore, such services may not be advertised via deceptive marketing policies, as defined by the Federal Trade Commission Deception Policy Statement.
Please read each of the sections listed below for further details on the new Acceptable Usage Policy.
General Conduct | System/Network Security | E-mail | Newsgroups
Individual Accounts | DMCA | Accessibility System Abuse | Enforcement